Monday, March 2, 2009

My Search Is Finally Over!!!

For many years I have been searching for some pretty elusive things. The woman of my dreams…fame and fortune…the perfect pastrami sandwich (pastrami, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing on double-baked rye). Some of these I may never find. Others, when I do find them, will put me in a comatose stupor. Some I have already found and have already at times put me in a comatose stupor. And the rest…would be pretty outstanding to find.

So, imagine my surprise, while driving in Jackson this weekend to the WalMart (to check on laptop computer prices for a good friend while waiting for daughter-princess' birthday party at The Parlour to end), to come across the following find:



For quite some time, I thought the days of real rock bands were pretty much over. Gone the way of selling out, the excesses of success, and the grubby, greedy hands of managers, agents and record labels. But, this past Saturday, at the light at Brown and West Michigan Avenue, there they were...The Last Real Rock Band!

I can now die a happy man. Unless, of course I find the woman of my dreams, eat the perfect pastrami sandwich, or the Detroit Lions ever make it to the Super Bowl.

Guess I’ll have to stave off death for a while longer on two of the above three...

No comments:

Post a Comment